Homemade Yogurt

 We drink raw milk because we believe so highly in the properties of the raw milk. It's hormone free & lactose intolerance friendly. I make homemade yogurt in my crock pot weekly.
It is the easiest recipe I've found by far. I don't love spending time in the kitchen so trust me when I say, it's a cinch.

Step 1- pour 1/2 gallon of raw milk into a crock pot and heat on low for 2.5 hours. Turn off crock pot and allow to cool for 3 hours.


Step 2- gently whisk in a 1/2 cup of Dannon plain yogurt and cover the crock pot with a towel for 8 hours.
(The Dannon yogurt adds the live bacteria needed for immune health.) This is the final product.

This recipe will yield 2 pints of yogurt plus a small breakfast bowl for the day! I store my yogurt in pint size glass jars in the refrigerator. The consistency of the yogurt can be slightly thinner than store bought yogurt, but I've found if I allow it to sit on the counter longer than 8 hours it seems to thicken a bit.

Credit for this two step method to the easiest homemade yogurt goes to Heartland Renaissance.

No comments: