Lactose Intolerant?

I've dealt with lactose intolerance my entire life. Until recently, I either dealt with the bloating, gas and upset stomach or I refrained from eating dairy. Neither of these two options were a great answer.

Then I found a book called Real Food For Mother and Baby by Nina Planck. She describes this beautiful dance between the human body and real food, and in it I discovered I can eat dairy, if it's RAW.


Unpasteurized, un-homogenized, straight from the cow, raw milk, cheese, yogurt ect.

Raw dairy that has not been altered by our modern processing and packaging still contains these little live enzymes called lactase. It's these perfect little enzymes that enable to human body to digest the lactose. Thus, eliminating the lactose intolerance issue altogether.

I have found that I can drink an 8 ounce glass of milk, eat a hunk of cheese and a smoothie full of yogurt without suffering the effects that I used to have if I consume RAW dairy products. I find my milk from a local farmer, order cheese online and make my own yogurt in the crock pot using my raw milk.

You don't have to suffer any longer gassy Kathy. :)



No comments: