Psalm 139

It amazes me how different each of my children are. I mean logically, one would gather that they come from the same two sets of DNA, and therefore they would be similar in many ways. In my short observation of Ainsley and Ashden this is so not true. They are so different and this is not even taking into account Balin who is still developing a little personality. For example, this morning Ashden wakes up at 5:30am with me. He's my morning bird, ready to chirp his little song and wake up the rest of the flock. Ainsley loves to stay up late but Ash has been known to ASK us if he can go to bed for the evening. When it comes to food, Ashden will eat any piece of fish I make, and loves meat in general but I really have to basically bribe him to eat 3 green beans. Ainsley loves vegetables, she even asked for more fermented sauerkraut the other day, but I have to bribe her to eat the fish and bread on the plate. We have this rule in our house that we all need to eat the same dinner- no special orders- this is to keep the cook sane and keep the dishes to a minimum. As the cook, I have to cook a balanced meal or else one of my children will not be eating for the night. When it comes to vitamins, Ashden will take anything, even fermented cod liver oil! Ainsley will not. I guess the reason behind this post is that I am in awe of God's creation this morning at 6am.

He's so creative. Psalm 139 bears witness to this when it says,
"Oh yes, you shaped me first inside, then out;
you formed me in my mother's womb.
I thank you, High God- you're breathtaking!
Body and soul I am marvelously made!
I worship in adoration- what a creation!"

God's masterpiece took place inside MY womb. As a mother, this is a high honor. I will continue to look at my children as a masterpiece unfolding before my eyes. With each passing day, I get to watch God's creation blossom in it's unique way. We all have a desire to be unique, different from the crowd, and today I worship the Creator in adoration of His work.

No comments: