A Poem

So as I was reading through the packet of information for Kindergarten I came across this poem and THAT was the exact moment when the water works started. Forgive me, there may be a lot of similar posts this week regarding this topic, but as you can tell it's on the forefront of my heart.

First Day

Everyone has a First Day,
When they feel sad and all alone. It can be so scary, when you're out there on your own.

And I know that a First Day can be full of doubts and fears. But they're full of new beginnings, take my hankie, dry your tears.

You'll find lots of things to do, and you'll probably make new friends. I promise we'll be together when the school day ends.

Here comes the teacher, blow your nose and be brave. Come on now, wipe your eyes, this is no way to behave.

Well good morning teacher, we really must beg your pardon. No, Mommy doesn't always act this way, but it's my first day of Kindergarten. No, Mommy doesn't always act this way, but it's my first day of Kindergarten.

by Katrina Butler

No comments: